Welcome to our 3rd Annual Holiday Hair Instagram Contest.
Upload your best holiday themed FANTASY hairstyle/makeup look that you created to Instagram with the hashtag #EmpireHolidayHair3 for a chance to win one of 3 amazing prizes. Deadline to upload your photo is January 8th, 2016.
When does it Start?
The contest starts Monday, December 7th, 2015 and will run until Friday, January 8th, 2016 at 11:59pm. We will have 3 winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd place) and they will be announced on January 15th.
What you can WIN!
Winner will receive a Farouk CHI DuraTool Kit & Jowell Double Pack Shear & Thinner Set.
Includes (1) Dura CHI Professional Dryer, (1) Dura CHI 1" Ceramic and Titanium Infused Hairstyling Iron, (1) Dura CHI Curling Iron 1", (1) CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray 8 oz, (1) CHI 44 Iron Guard Style & Stay Firm Hold Protecting Hair Spray 2.6 oz, (1) CHI Cross Shoulder Bag, (1) Jowell SR 6.0 Swivel, (1) Joewell SR Thinner, (1) Joewell FR 5.5 Offset and (1) Joewell FR Thinner (retail value over $1000.00).
Winner will receive a Farouk Dryer and Iron Combo Bag Deal
Includes (1) CHI Peach Mimosa Pro Dryer, (1) CHI Peach Mimosa Ceramic Original Hairstyling Iron, (1) CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray 8oz, and (1) CHI Silk Infusion 6oz (retail value $300.00).
Winner will receive an Andis Experience PMX/BTX-T Clipper Trimmer Combo.
Duo Includes (1) Andis Experience PMX Clipper and (1) Andis Experience BTX-T Trimmer (retail value $200.00).
How to Enter
Create a holiday fantasy themed hairstyle and/or makeup look. The judging will be based on the following criteria:
Level of Difficulty
Adherence to the “fantasy” holiday theme
Looks can be created on both live models and mannequins. The uses of extensions are permitted and semi/demi or permanent color is encouraged.
Once you create the holiday themed FANTASY look you need to follow these steps:
- Follow us on Instagram (@empirebeautyschool)
- Upload your holiday hairstyle or makeup look to Instagram
- Tag your photo with #empireholidayhair3 & #empirebeautyschool (must use both tags – if you don’t tag they will not be entered into the contest)
* Entries must be publicly viewable during the Contest Period to be judged for the Contest.
Empire's 3rd Annual Holiday Hair Instagram ("Contest") Official Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram, Facebook, or other social media channel.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Empire's 3rd Annual Holiday Hair (Contest) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia), who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Empire Education Group ("Sponsor") and other companies associated with the promotion of the contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of all such employees are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Empire Education Group, located at 396 Pottsville-St. Clair Highway, Pottsville, Pennsylvania 17901.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrants full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest entry period begins on December 7, 2015 at 10AM EST (Eastern) and ends on January 8, 2016 at 11:59PM EST (the "Contest Period"). Entries that are submitted before or after will be disqualified.
5. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, post a photograph to Instagram using the hashtags #EmpireHolidayHair3 and #EmpireBeautySchool. Entries must be publicly viewable during the Contest Period to be judged for the Contest. Sponsor's computer is the official timekeeper for all deadlines, and all Entries must actually be received by Sponsor during the Contest Period to be valid. Proof of posting the Entry does not constitute proof that the Entry was received. By entering, entrants agree to those official rules. Entrants may submit as many eligible Entries as they would like during the contest period.
7. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: All eligible entries will be evaluated by a qualified judge or panel(s) of judges designated by Sponsor based on the judging criteria below:
Level of Difficulty
Looks can be created on both live models and mannequins. The uses of extensions are permitted and semi/demi or permanent color is encouraged. Remember, to adhere to the "fantasy" holiday theme.
On or about January 15, 2016 three (3) entries will be selected as a potential First Place Winner, Second Place Winner, and Third Place Winner. The Potential Winners will be notified via Instagram on or about January 15, 2016. If any notification with a valid email and physical address by 5:00 p.m. EST on January 22, 2016, at Sponsor's discretion, original winner will forfeit prize in its entirety and an alternate winner will be selected by Sponsor's judges. The Potential winners will at the request of Sponsor be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, publicity release (if not prohibited by law), and any other necessary documents, including tax documents by 5:00 p.m. EST on January 22, 2016 or, at Sponsor's discretion, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected. Award of prizes and confirmation of winners are contingent upon winners' qualifications and compliance with these Official Rules.
8. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: Farouk CHI DuraTool Kit & Jowell Double Pack Shear & Thinner Set- Includes (1) Dura CHI Professional Dryer, (1) Dura CHI 1" Ceramic and Titanium Infused Hairstyling Iron, (1) Dura CHI Curling Iron 1", (1) CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray 8 oz, (1) CHI 44 Iron Guard Style & Stay Firm Hold Protecting Hair Spray 2.6 oz, (1) CHI Cross Shoulder Bag, (1) Jowell SR 6.0 Swivel, (1) Joewell SR Thinner, (1) Joewell FR 5.5 Offset and (1) Joewell FR Thinner (retail value over $1000.00). One (1) Second Place: Farouk Dryer and Iron Combo - Includes (1) CHI Peach Mimosa Pro Dryer, (1) CHI Peach Mimosa Ceramic Original Hairstyling Iron, (1) CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray 8oz, and (1) CHI Silk Infusion 6oz (retail value $300.00). One (1) Third Place: Andis Experience PMX/BTX-T Clipper Trimmer Combo. Duo Includes (1) Andis Experience PMX Clipper and (1) Andis Experience BTX-T Trimmer (retail value $200.00).
Taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed except in Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of the same approximate retail value. Prize consists only of items specifically listed as part of the prize. Certain conditions and restrictions may apply. All costs and expenses not specified herein, related to any prize or incurred by accepting the prize, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. CONTEST ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Your Contest Entry must meet the following requirements:
Must be your original work created solely by you and possess sufficient rights all work;
Must not contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media), without permission contains any materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without consent of usage;
Must not be sexually explicit, profane, immoral, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous;
Must not be derogatory of any ethic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
Must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components;
Must not contain any personal identification, such as personal names, e-mail addresses or street address of any person, including entrant.
10. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: By submitting a Contest Entry, you represent and warrant that: (a) it is an original work created solely by you; (b) you own all rights to it; and (c) it complies with all requirements of these Official Rules.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) Sponsor reserves the right to determine winners from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Empire Education Group (Sponsor), Facebook, Instagram, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize.
In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on a social media account, or if more than one person uses the same social media account, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the social media account from which the Entry was posted. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the person to whom the applicable social media platform provider has assigned the social media account.
You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
13. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Pennsylvania. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Pennsylvania.
15. RESULTS: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by January 30, 2016 to: Empire Holiday Hair Contest Winners’ List, 396 Pottsville-St. Clair Highway, Pottsville, Pennsylvania 17901.